By Phd, John Dececco,Sonya L Jones
- memoirs of homosexual Holocaust survivors and the emergence of the 1st lesbian and homosexual publication membership in its wake
- homophobia within the office and using coming-out tales to augment office variety
- the institution of a gay/straight alliance in a Salt Lake urban highschool that's seriously ruled via Mormons
- gay literary historical past that examines the works of Langston Hughes in addition to Martin Duberman, Paul Monette, and Edmund White relating to the lesbian 70s
- creative nonfiction a few woman's love for one more lady, her lifelong good friend
- Provincetown's amazing neighborhood reaction to the AIDS epidemicA choice of chapters written via the colleagues and previous scholars of John P. De Cecco, pioneering editor of the magazine of Homosexuality, A Sea of news takes its identify from a word Dr. De Cecco utilized in his keynote deal with to the “History and reminiscence” convention at Allegheny collage in 1997. This convention sparked the assumption for this choice of essays that study the gay adventure via historic, mental, and sociological viewpoints and homosexuality in literature. those brave tales will help readers to understand themselves extra deeply, to spot wih others, and to interpret homosexual and lesbian studies in numerous narrative types.
Read Online or Download A Sea of Stories: The Shaping Power of Narrative in Gay and Lesbian Cultures: A Festschrift for John P. DeCecco PDF
Similar writing reference books
First released in 1987, it is a finished research of the increase of the British Press within the eighteenth century, as an element of the certainty of eighteenth century political and social historical past. Professor Black considers the explanations for the expansion of the "print tradition" and the family members of newspapers to magazines and pamphlets; the mechanics of flow; and chronological advancements.
In its 3rd version, Strategic Writing emphasizes the strategic, goal-oriented challenge of high quality media and public family members writing with transparent, concise directions for greater than forty sorts of files. This multidisciplinary textual content covers writing for public family members, advertisements, revenues and advertising, and company conversation.
Interwar Portugal was once in lots of methods a microcosm of Europe's come upon with modernity: reshaped via industrialization, city progress, and the antagonism among liberalism and authoritarianism, it additionally witnessed new varieties of media and mass tradition that reworked way of life. This attention-grabbing research of newspapers in Twenties Portugal explores how the hot "modernist reportage" embodied the spirit of the period whereas mediating a few of its such a lot outstanding episodes, from political upheavals to lurid crimes of ardour.
Joseph Pulitzer had no longer initially meant to award a prize for poetry. An initiative through the Poetry Society of the United States supplied the preliminary impetus to set up the prize, first offered in 1922. The complement quantity chronicles the complete heritage of ways the awards for this class constructed, giving an account established usually on personal jury protocols from the Pulitzer Prizes workplace at New York’s Columbia collage.
- The Online Journalism Handbook: Skills to Survive and Thrive in the Digital Age
- Skills of Workplace Communication: A Handbook for T&D Specialists and Their Organizations: A Handbook for T and D Specialists and Their Organizations
- The Quest For Television Trends. Identification of International Trends and their Influence on the Dutch Television Market
- Unwiderstehlich?!? Die Anziehungskraft des Journalistenberufs auf Frauen: Eine empirische Untersuchung zu Berufswahlmotiven künftiger Journalistinnen (German Edition)
- Short Guide to Writing about Film, Global Edition
- Science Journalism: An Introduction
Extra info for A Sea of Stories: The Shaping Power of Narrative in Gay and Lesbian Cultures: A Festschrift for John P. DeCecco
A Sea of Stories: The Shaping Power of Narrative in Gay and Lesbian Cultures: A Festschrift for John P. DeCecco by Phd, John Dececco,Sonya L Jones