By Anders Linde-Laursen
Read Online or Download Bordering: Identity Processes between the National and Personal PDF
Similar human geography books
This publication explores the position of the ideology of nature in generating city and exurban sprawl. It examines the ironies of residential improvement at the metropolitan fringe, the place the quest for “nature” brings citizens deeper into the realm from which they're imagining their escape—of Federal exhibit, technologically mediated communications, international offer chains, and the anonymity of the worldwide marketplace—and the place a number of the principal gains of exurbia—very low-density residential land use, monster houses, and conversion of forested or rural land for housing—contribute to the very difficulties that the social and environmental aesthetic of exurbia makes an attempt to prevent.
Now in an absolutely up-to-date version, this major textbook has been completely revised to mirror the sweeping financial, social, and political alterations the earlier decade has dropped at Europe and to include new examine and instructing ways in neighborhood geography. The authors hire a cultural-historical procedure that's perfect to facilitate realizing of Europe’s advanced geographical personality.
This booklet, initially released in 1986, exhibits the significance of geography in overseas strength politics and indicates how geopolitical inspiration impacts policy-making and motion. It considers many of the components inside of overseas energy politics equivalent to ideologies, territorial pageant and spheres of impacts, and exhibits how geographical issues are an important to every aspect.
Because the overdue Nineteen Seventies the position of key international towns resembling l. a., ny and London as centres of world regulate and co-ordination has come lower than expanding scrutiny. This e-book presents an outline and critique of labor at the international context of metropolitan development, international urban formation and the speculation it has generated.
- Political Street Art: Communication, culture and resistance in Latin America (Routledge Research in Place, Space and Politics)
- The Making of Hong Kong: From Vertical to Volumetric (Planning, History and Environment Series)
- The Geography of Beer: Regions, Environment, and Societies
- Murals and Tourism: Heritage, Politics and Identity (Heritage, Culture and Identity)
- European Neighbourhood Policy: Geopolitics Between Integration and Security (New Geographies of Europe)
- The Mongolian Ecosystem Network: Environmental Issues Under Climate and Social Changes: 0 (Ecological Research Monographs)
Extra info for Bordering: Identity Processes between the National and Personal
Bordering: Identity Processes between the National and Personal by Anders Linde-Laursen