By Naomi Carless Unwin
Read or Download Caria and Crete in Antiquity: Cultural Interaction between Anatolia and the Aegean PDF
Best ancient history books
Matrona Docta offers a distinct learn of the schooling of upper-class girls in Roman society within the significant interval of Roman background, from the second one century BC to advert 235. Emily A. Hemelrijk reconstructs women's possibilities to obtain an schooling, the impediments they confronted, the extent of schooling they can achieve and the judgement on proficient girls in Roman society.
This booklet, first released in 1992, provides an advent to the character of exchange and delivery in antiquity via a variety of translated literary, papyrological, epigraphical and felony resources. those texts illustrate more than a few elements of historical exchange and delivery: from the function of the gurus, to the prestige of investors, to the ability and velocity of historic ships.
Oratory and Political occupation within the past due Roman Republic is a pioneering research into political lifestyles within the past due Roman Republic. It explores the character and volume to which Roman politicians embraced oratorical performances as a part of their political occupation and the way such performances prompted the careers of person orators reminiscent of Gaius Gracchus, Pompeius Magnus, and Julius Caesar.
In recent times, the talk on Romanisation has usually been framed when it comes to identification. Discussions have focused on how the growth of empire impacted at the developed or self-ascribed feel of belonging of its population, and simply how the interplay among neighborhood identities and Roman ideology and practices could have led to a multicultural empire has been a principal learn concentration.
- "Über die Alpen und über den Rhein...": Beiträge zu den Anfängen und zum Verlauf der römischen Expansion nach Mitteleuropa (Abhandlungen der Akademie der ... zu Göttingen. Neue Folge) (German Edition)
- Women and Law in Late Antiquity
- The "Birth" of Italy: The Institutionalisation of Italy as a Region, 3rd-1st Century BCE (KLIO / Beihefte. Neue Folge)
- Athens, Thrace, and the Shaping of Athenian Leadership
- The Pilgrimage of Arnold von Harff, Knight, from Cologne: Through Italy, Syria, Egypt, Arabia, Ethiopia, Nubia, Palestine, Turkey, France and Spain, which ... 1496-1499 (Hakluyt Society, Second Series)
- Histories of the Hidden God: Concealment and Revelation in Western Gnostic, Esoteric, and Mystical Traditions (Gnostica)
Additional info for Caria and Crete in Antiquity: Cultural Interaction between Anatolia and the Aegean
Caria and Crete in Antiquity: Cultural Interaction between Anatolia and the Aegean by Naomi Carless Unwin