By Gary Rosenshield
Read or Download Challenging the Bard: Dostoevsky and Pushkin, a Study of Literary Relationship (Publications of the Wisconsin Center for Pushkin Studies) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
For hundreds of years, Spain and the South have stood out because the unprecedented �other� inside of US and ecu nationalisms. in the course of Franco�s regime and the Jim Crow period either violently asserted a haunting model of nationwide �selfhood. � either components shared a lack of beauty and a fraught relation with modernization and retained a feeling of defeat.
Assembly with no figuring out It compares Rudyard Kipling and W. B. Yeats within the formative section in their careers, from their births in 1865 as much as 1903. The argument includes parallel readings wed to a biographic constitution. studying the 2 poets in parallel usually yields striking discursive echoes. for instance, either males have been equally preoccupied with the visible arts, with heroism, with folklore, balladry and the demotic voice.
This instruction manual of English Renaissance literature will function a reference for either scholars and students, introducing contemporary debates and advancements in early smooth experiences. utilizing new theoretical views and methodological instruments, the amount deals exemplary shut readings of canonical and not more recognized texts from all major genres among c.
This publication tackles the intersections of postcolonial and postsocialist imaginaries and sensibilities concentrating on the methods they're mirrored in modern paintings, fiction, theater and cinema. After the defeat of the Socialist modernity the postsocialist area and its humans have discovered themselves within the void.
- Travel Writing, Form, and Empire: The Poetics and Politics of Mobility (Routledge Research in Travel Writing)
- Lives of Spirit: English Carmelite Self-Writing of the Early Modern Period (The Early Modern Englishwoman, 1500-1750: Contemporary Editions)
- Ghosts of the African Diaspora: Re-Visioning History, Memory, and Identity (Re-Mapping the Transnational: A Dartmouth Series in American Studies)
- Spoiling the Stories: The Rise of Israeli Women's Fiction (Cultural Expressions)
- Textual Transformations in Children's Literature: Adaptations, Translations, Reconsiderations (Children's Literature and Culture)
- The Wallflower Avant-Garde: Modernism, Sexuality, and Queer Ekphrasis
Additional info for Challenging the Bard: Dostoevsky and Pushkin, a Study of Literary Relationship (Publications of the Wisconsin Center for Pushkin Studies)
Challenging the Bard: Dostoevsky and Pushkin, a Study of Literary Relationship (Publications of the Wisconsin Center for Pushkin Studies) by Gary Rosenshield