By Daya Krishna
Krishna's discourses during this quantity span more than a few inquiries-parallels among Indian and Western civilizations; interconnection among motion and information; anatomies of the profound and the profane, the suitable and the particular; and different such exciting traces of philosophical wondering.
The writer asks the readers to stand up to the demanding situations of the now, because the current is composed now not only of prior achievements but additionally of the yet-to-be-achieved objectives of the long run.
The chapters within the e-book are compiled from a chain of lectures brought by way of Krishna on the Indian Institute of complicated learn, Shimla, India, first in 1967, after which in 2005. The booklet is a discussion among Daya Krishnas, certainly one of 1967 and the opposite of 2005. The latter addresses the previous and makes use of the second one sequence of lectures to expand the scope of the first.
Read or Download Civilizations: Nostalgia and Utopia PDF
Best sociology books
First released in 1998. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
The French Monarchy was once the dominant strength of the 17th century. The French armies have been positive on such a lot battlefields and French political associations have been brought into many nations. between enemies in addition to between neighbors French literature was once popular and French manners have been imi tated.
Relations Violence: criminal, clinical, and Social views examines the complete spectrum of kin violence, targeting social approaches and social relationships. The 8th version is a multidisciplinary advent to the learn of household violence that publications readers to a greater knowing of the demanding situations focused on decreasing or doing away with violence.
Now with SAGE Publishing, and co-authored via one of many prime gurus on sociological conception, George Ritzer and Jeffrey Stepnisky’s Classical Sociological concept, 7th variation, offers a complete assessment of the main theorists and colleges of sociological idea from the Enlightenment roots of conception in the course of the early twentieth century.
- Choice, Rationality and Social Theory (RLE Social Theory): Volume 9 (Routledge Library Editions: Social Theory)
- Learning and Community Approaches for Promoting Well-Being (SpringerBriefs in Well-Being and Quality of Life Research)
- Modern Roots: Studies of National Identity (In association with ICCR Contemporary Trends in European Social Sciences)
- Transnational Governance and South American Politics: The Political Economy of Norms (International Political Economy Series)
- Agriculture in Mediterranean Europe: Between Old and New Paradigms: 19 (Research in Rural Sociology and Development)
Additional resources for Civilizations: Nostalgia and Utopia
Civilizations: Nostalgia and Utopia by Daya Krishna