By M. Blaim,Amnon Sella
Read or Download Constructing Identity in Iranian-American Self-Narrative PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
For hundreds of years, Spain and the South have stood out because the remarkable �other� inside US and ecu nationalisms. in the course of Franco�s regime and the Jim Crow period either violently asserted a haunting model of nationwide �selfhood. � either components shared a lack of attractiveness and a fraught relation with modernization and retained a feeling of defeat.
Assembly with out figuring out It compares Rudyard Kipling and W. B. Yeats within the formative part in their careers, from their births in 1865 as much as 1903. The argument contains parallel readings wed to a biographic constitution. interpreting the 2 poets in parallel usually yields notable discursive echoes. for instance, either males have been equally preoccupied with the visible arts, with heroism, with folklore, balladry and the demotic voice.
This instruction manual of English Renaissance literature will function a reference for either scholars and students, introducing fresh debates and advancements in early sleek stories. utilizing new theoretical views and methodological instruments, the amount deals exemplary shut readings of canonical and not more famous texts from all major genres among c.
This ebook tackles the intersections of postcolonial and postsocialist imaginaries and sensibilities targeting the methods they're mirrored in modern artwork, fiction, theater and cinema. After the defeat of the Socialist modernity the postsocialist area and its humans have chanced on themselves within the void.
- The Brontës and Education
- Feminine Fictions: Revisiting the Postmodern: Volume 14 (Routledge Library Editions: Women, Feminism and Literature)
- William Faulkner in Context (Literature in Context)
- The Life of Catalina de Erauso, the Lieutenant Nun: An Early Modern Autobiography
- Imagining Sisterhood in Modern Chinese Texts, 1890–1937
- Djuna Barnes, T. S. Eliot and the Gender Dynamics of Modernism: Tracing Nightwood (Studies in Major Literary Authors)
Additional info for Constructing Identity in Iranian-American Self-Narrative
Constructing Identity in Iranian-American Self-Narrative by M. Blaim,Amnon Sella