By Ross J. Wilson
Read Online or Download Cultural Heritage of the Great War in Britain (Heritage, Culture and Identity) PDF
Best human geography books
This publication explores the function of the ideology of nature in generating city and exurban sprawl. It examines the ironies of residential improvement at the metropolitan fringe, the place the quest for “nature” brings citizens deeper into the area from which they're imagining their escape—of Federal exhibit, technologically mediated communications, international offer chains, and the anonymity of the worldwide marketplace—and the place a few of the valuable beneficial properties of exurbia—very low-density residential land use, monster houses, and conversion of forested or rural land for housing—contribute to the very difficulties that the social and environmental aesthetic of exurbia makes an attempt to prevent.
Now in an absolutely up-to-date version, this top textbook has been completely revised to mirror the sweeping fiscal, social, and political alterations the earlier decade has dropped at Europe and to include new examine and educating techniques in local geography. The authors hire a cultural-historical procedure that's best to facilitate figuring out of Europe’s advanced geographical personality.
This booklet, initially released in 1986, indicates the significance of geography in overseas energy politics and indicates how geopolitical suggestion affects policy-making and motion. It considers a number of the components inside foreign energy politics equivalent to ideologies, territorial pageant and spheres of impacts, and exhibits how geographical concerns are the most important to every aspect.
Because the overdue Seventies the position of key international towns corresponding to la, long island and London as centres of worldwide regulate and co-ordination has come lower than expanding scrutiny. This booklet presents an outline and critique of labor at the worldwide context of metropolitan progress, international urban formation and the idea it has generated.
- Strange Spaces: Explorations into Mediated Obscurity
- The SAGE Handbook of Human Geography, 2v
- Special Interest Society: How Membership-based Organizations Shape America
- Geographies, Mobilities, and Rhythms over the Life-Course: Adventures in the Interval (Routledge Advances in Geography)
- A World In Transition: Humankind and Nature: The Green Book of “Einstein Meets Magritte”: World in Transition, Humankind and Nature Vol 5 (Einstein Meets ... Nature, Art, Human Action and Society)
- Artistic Enclaves in the Post-Industrial City: A Case Study of Lawrenceville Pittsburgh (SpringerBriefs in Sociology)
Extra resources for Cultural Heritage of the Great War in Britain (Heritage, Culture and Identity)
Cultural Heritage of the Great War in Britain (Heritage, Culture and Identity) by Ross J. Wilson